Communication has become a complicated venture for leaders. Our current culture stands ready to pounce on any misspoken word or idea, and use it to attack/or criticize us. How can we hit the mark when we speak in such a volatile environment? Our guest, Andy Swart, Teaching Pastor at The Mount Church in Keller, Texas, unpacks practical ways we can hit the target when we communicate.
Key points from today’s episode:
- Know the Word
- What does the Bible have to say about life?
- Be mastered by the Word
- Being anchored in the Word is ultimately what the people we lead need
- Know your people
- What questions are your people wrestling with?
- Steward the people God has in front of you
- Speak their language and address their problems
- Know yourself
- Sometimes pastors lack healthy self-introspection
- God wants us to be the best version of ourselves vs. the best imitation of someone else
- Steward the gift God’s given you
Getting Started/Next Steps
- Feed yourself first. Commune with God
- Feed others next – people pick up on our passion for God and His Word
- Develop a sermon feedback team
As always, if you’d like more help implementing these items, you can reach out to us here for a free 30-minute conversation.
Rooting and praying for you,
John & Jim