Can you believe it’s 2023? Blink, and here comes another year. A year full of opportunity . . . surprises probably . . . and likely, some challenges.
We think one of the best things a leader can do with a new year is to take stock of the prior year. In today’s episode, John takes time to reflect on the three most significant lessons he learned in 2022.
You can listen to the audio version here. Here is the video version.
Show notes are below:
Lesson 1: Growth forces change
- How many leaders know somewhere in their mind and heart that they need to adjust the way they’re leading but haven’t had the catalyst of either significant growth or significant decline to force the issue?
Lesson 2: Joy and pain often travel alongside each other
- I think we need to get comfortable with this idea: It’s possible to experience two divergent emotions simultaneously.
- Life is never all good nor all bad. Maybe life is good and bad traveling along together.
Lesson 3: The world is big enough for all of us to succeed
- If others are succeeding, can I as well?
- More opportunities exist than people poised to take advantage of those opportunities.