Welcome to Part 2 of our conversation on the subject Shaping the Culture You Need. You can craft an amazing vision, have a dynamic playbook, but only a healthy culture provides the fuel for that vision and playbook to become reality. Today’s pod unpacks a practical pathway to use core values to shape your organization’s culture.
In Episode 91, we discussed what core values are not, what they are, and how to identify them. Today we’ll explore how to define and refine them, and then how to use them to shape the culture of the church or business you lead.
- How do we define/refine core values?
- What does each value mean?
- Why does it matter?
- How will it shape our behavior as leaders?
- How to use core values to shape culture
- Modeling – More caught than taught
- Celebration – what gets celebrated gets repeated
The values journey can take 3-6 months to identify, define, and refine. But your culture will take a lifetime to shape.