As we approach our 200th episode, we thought it might be fun to re-release our most popular five podcasts. Today’s episode is our first most listened to and watched episode: Shaping the Culture You Need.
Culture is fuel. You can craft an amazing vision, have a dynamic playbook, but a healthy culture provides the fuel for that vision and playbook.
Shaping culture starts with:
Identifying Core Values
- What they’re not
- Permission to play.
- What they are
- Identified more than created.
- Rumble strips.
- Behavioral hills you’ll die on.
How to identify core values? Questions to ask:
- Is this trait inherent and natural for us?
- Is it a behavior we’ve worked hard to cultivate over a long period of time?
- Are we more committed to this value/trait than the majority of other organizations in our field?
- If I could clone anyone in the organization, who would that be? Why?