Communication has become a complicated venture for leaders. Our current culture stands ready to pounce on any misspoken word or idea, and use it to attack/or criticize us. How can we hit the mark when we speak in such a volatile environment? Our guest, Andy Swart, Teaching Pastor at The Mount Church in Keller, Texas, unpacks practical ways we can hit the target when we communicate.
Here are some of the key points from today’s episode:
- The call to vocational ministry involves taking the next best step in front of you
- The leading of God is often incremental. This incremental nature lends stability to our God-given calling
- Things are note going back to “the way they used to be.” Nor should they.
- Ministry includes the person in front of us while being aware there’s somebody on the other side of the camera who has a soul and is hurting.
- How am I addressing the fears of the person who is not gathering in-person on Sunday mornings?
- How can we get better at communicating “phygitally?”
- What got us “here” won’t get us “there.”