It’s surprising how many introverted people get called into an extroverted role. In today’s episode, we welcome Jaime Hlavin to the mic. Jaime explores the sometimes head-scratching challenges facing introverts who—surprisingly—find themselves in an extroverted calling.
In Part 1 of the conversation, Jaime reveals three myths about introverts, and two practical survival tips for those introverts who must “turn on the extrovert” to get their job done.
Here is the audio track. Here is the video track.
Episode 164 Show Notes
1. Three myths about introverts
- Myth 1: Introverts hate people
- Myth 2: Introverts don’t play well with people and are socially awkward
- Myth 3: Introverts are unable to be effective leaders
2. Survival Tips for Introverted Leaders
- Make time for one-on-one interaction in group settings
- Keep a set of go-to small talk topics/questions