Wounds and unfinished business from the past impact us as leaders in the present. In today’s podcast, John and special guest Josh Spurlock unpack how this dynamic plays out in the life of a leader. They outline practical approaches to identify and address these past wounds so leaders can lead from health more and from dysfunction less.
- Pastors are first responders who deal with similar stresses to EMTs, firefighters, policemen, etc.
- We can’t address the impact of past wounds/unfinished business that we’re unaware of.
- We were created with a body possessing limitations
- Internal working models = the things we’ve learned through the experiences of life that either help or hinder us in the present
- Wounds = experiences we’ve had in life that sabotage and impact us when they get bumped into
- We often try to address symptoms while ignoring what’s driving those symptoms